Abrasive products improperly used can be very dangerous.
• Always follow the instructions provided by the abrasive product and machine supplier.
• Ensure that the abrasive product is suitable for its intended use. Examine all abrasive products for damage or defects before mounting.
• Follow the correct procedures for handling and storage of abrasive products.
Be aware of the hazards likely during the use of abrasive products and observe the recommended precautions to be taken:
• Bodily contact with the abrasive product at operating speed.
• Injury resulting from product breakage during use.
• Grinding debris, sparks, fumes and dust generated by the grinding process.
Never use a machine that is not in good working order or one with defective parts.
Employers should carry out a risk assessment on all individual abrasive processes to determine the appropriate protective measures necessary. They should ensure that their employees are suitably trained to carry out their duties.